Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Apple Pinwheels

Make a rich biscuit dough.  I add extra shortening and roll out on a floured board, about 1/4-inch thick.  Then I spread chopped apples and dot with oleo.  Sprinkle with cinnamon, small amount of sugar and begin at one side and roll up like a jellyroll.  Cut in short  length and stand on end in a cake pan or casserole dish that is greased.  Make a syrup of 1 cup of water and 1 1/2 cups sugar and pour over rolls.  I sprinkle  with a little more oleo and cinnamon. (We love cinnamon.)  Bake a 425 degrees for 40 minutes.  Serves 12 people.


Peaches or pineapple may be used instead of apples.  I omit the cinnamon with this.  If canned fruit is used, drain the juice and use with water to make 1 cup and cut down a little on the sugar.  Frozen fruit may be used, but you will need a little extra syrup.


My children will probably remember this one.  It was one of our favorites.


Rose Ellen (Copeland) Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment